2020-2021 New Cadet Registration
Registration for 2020-2021 has now closed, check back in August for details on registration for the 2021-2022 Training Year.
New Cadet Registration Forms
Please find below the forms required to register your son or daughter as a Cadet with 892 Snowy Owl Squadron. Please download, complete and send by email to email@example.com:
- Complete the online application available HERE
- Provide a copy of valid government identification (See Documents to Provide below)
- Code of Conduct – New Cadets
- Disclosure Of Personal Information
- SSC Cadet Registration Form – 2020/2021
- SSC Parent Volunteer Form
SSC Cadet Registration & Lottery Ticket Fundraising
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee, the local body of the Air Cadet League of Canada, levies fees to help fund the operations of the squadron not provided by the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces.
Registration and lottery ticket prepayment fees are to be paid via email money transfer to the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC). Please submit your payment of $190 ($130 registration + $60 lottery ticket) per cadet to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the message section the name of the cadet or cadets you are making payment for. If prompted to supply a security question, please set the password to SnowyOwl. We also ask you to send a separate email confirmation of payment of fees, along with the names of the cadets you have paid for to the same email address.
To be eligible for membership in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, the applicant must:
- Be not less than twelve (12) years old but not attained their nineteenth (19th) birthday;
- Not belong to another cadet corps or squadron;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a lawful resident of Canada;
- Be medically, physically and psychologically fit to join Cadets and participate in related training and/or activities;
- Be covered by a government or private health insurance plan;
- Be of good moral character; and
- Be acceptable to the corps or squadron Commanding Officer.
- Is expected to participate in training activities and follow regulations, orders and instructions;
- Is expected to take good care of all items of clothing and equipment issued to them, to safeguard and return them when requested to do so;
- Is expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of others;
- May end their membership with the cadet corps/squadron at any time;
- May be expelled from the cadet corps/squadron if they commit a serious breach of discipline; and
- Is no longer eligible to be a member of a cadet corps/squadron when they turn nineteen (19).
Documents to Provide
Please provide a copy of one of the following pieces of identification for the applicant at the time of registration:
- A valid Canadian passport; OR
- A birth certificate; OR
- A valid resident card; OR
- A valid identification card issued by a Canadian provincial or federal government agency.
- NOTE: A provincial health insurance card is not accepted.