The purpose of the Cadet Fitness Assessment (CFA) is to:
- to provide accurate and reliable information about a cadet’s personal fitness;
- to promote regular, enjoyable physical activity for cadets so they can reach and maintain a level of personal fitness that will contribute to good health and well-being;
- to help leaders determine cadet needs and guide cadets in planning personalized physical activity programs; and
- to recognize cadets for establishing physical activity behaviours that will lead to fitness development.
The Cadet Fitness Assessment is designed to assess cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and muscular flexibility through a series of five evaluations:
- 20-metre shuttle run (cardiovascular endurance)
- push-ups (muscular strength)
- curl-ups (muscular strength)
- back saver sit and reach (muscular flexibility)
- shoulder stretch (muscular flexibility)
Cadet Fitness Assessment Incentive Program
The Cadet Fitness Assessment Incentive Program is designed to recognize cadets achieve results within or beyond the Healthy Fitness Zone (HFZ). The four incentive levels available to cadet participants are:
- Gold; and
Cadet Fitness Assessment Resources
The following materials have been provided to allow a cadet to complete the Cadet Fitness Assessment at home. You may wish to ask another member of your household to assist you in recording your results. Please note that for the 2020-2021 Training Year, the requirement to assess the 20-metre shuttle run have been waived.
Click on the links below to access resources to complete the CFA:
Cadet Fitness Assessment Form – Download and record your results.
Google Sheets Form – Upload your recorded results here when complete.
CFA 2021 Presentation – Review the presentation on how to complete and score the CFA.
Instructional Video – Senior Cadets demonstrate the correct way to complete the assessment.