2023-2024 New Cadet Registration
Registration for the 2023-2024 Training Year is CLOSED.
Due to overwhelming response, our squadron has now reached capacity and cannot take on any additional members at this time.
We encourage you to check out the following other units in the area:
STEP 1: Start by REGISTERING ONLINE (External Link)
STEP 2: Contact the Administration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to complete the registration process and submit paperwork.
Please have the following documents and forms with you at registration:
- Provide a copy of valid government identification:
- A valid Canadian passport; OR
- A birth certificate; OR
- A valid permanent resident card; OR
- A valid identification card issued by a Canadian provincial or federal government agency.
- NOTE: A provincial health insurance card is not accepted.
- Cadet Code of Conduct – English (PDF)
- 2023-2024 Squadron Sponsorship Committee Welcome Letter (PDF)
- SSC Parent Volunteer Form (PDF)
To be eligible for membership in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, the applicant must:
- Be not less than twelve (12) years old but not attained their nineteenth (19th) birthday;
- Not belong to another cadet corps or squadron;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a lawful resident of Canada;
- Be medically, physically and psychologically fit to join Cadets and participate in related training and/or activities;
- Be covered by a government or private health insurance plan;
- Be of good moral character; and
- Be acceptable to the corps or squadron Commanding Officer.
- Is expected to participate in training activities and follow regulations, orders and instructions;
- Is expected to take good care of all items of clothing and equipment issued to them, to safeguard and return them when requested to do so;
- Is expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of others;
- May end their membership with the cadet corps/squadron at any time;
- May be expelled from the cadet corps/squadron if they commit a serious breach of discipline; and
- Is no longer eligible to be a member of a cadet corps/squadron when they turn nineteen (19).
892 Squadron Sponsoring Committee – Squadron Support Contribution
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee, the local body of the Air Cadet League of Canada, raises funds to support the operations of the squadron not provided by the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces. Families are encouraged to donate to the 892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsoring Committee annually through the Squadron Support Contribution .
Payment of the Squadron Support Contribution may be made by cheque or cash during registration at the squadron headquarters at the Brampton Flying Club. Please make your cheques payable to 892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsorship Committee.
Your Squadron Support Contribution helps to cover the costs of:
- Facility rentals for weekly and optional training activities;
- Transportation for optional activities not supported by DND;
- Trophies and awards presented at the Annual Ceremonial Review in June;
- Food and beverages at optional activities;
- Equipment and support for the marksmanship team, effective speaking and debate, and drill team;
- Registration and admission fees for optional activities;
- And much more!