2021-2022 New Cadet Registration
Registration for the 2021-2022 Training Year is now OPEN. We will be accepting registration for new cadets in person at the Squadron Headquarters at the Brampton Flying Club during the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, September 21 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday, September 28 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; and
- Tuesday, October 5 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, we ask that only one parent/guardian attend with their son/daughter/ward. All attendees must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing from others while in attendance.
Please arrive to registration with the necessary documentation and identification printed and completed, we will not have blank copies available to complete when you arrive.
New Cadet Registration Forms
Please find below the forms required to register your son or daughter as a Cadet with 892 Snowy Owl Squadron. Please download, complete and send by email to email@example.com:
- CF 1158 – Application for Membership in the Sea, Army or Air Cadets
- Provide a copy of valid government identification (See Documents to Provide below)
- Code of Conduct – New Cadets
- Squadron Sponsoring Committee Welcome Letter
- Disclosure Of Personal Information
- SSC Parent Volunteer Form
892 Squadron Sponsoring Committee – Squadron Support Fee
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee, the local body of the Air Cadet League of Canada, raises funds to support the operations of the squadron not provided by the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces. Parents are requested to pay a $130 Squadron Support Fee to the 892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsoring Committee.
Parents can make payment for the Squadron Support Fee during the registration process at the Squadron Headquarters. Payment is accepted by cash, or by cheque made to the “892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsoring Committee”.
Your Squadron Support Fee helps to cover the costs of:
- Facility rentals for weekly and optional training activities;
- Transportation for optional activities not supported by DND;
- Trophies and awards presented at the Annual Ceremonial Review in June;
- Food and beverages at optional activities;
- Equipment and support for the marksmanship team, effective speaking and debate, and drill team;
- Registration and admission fees for optional activities;
- And much more!
To be eligible for membership in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, the applicant must:
- Be not less than twelve (12) years old but not attained their nineteenth (19th) birthday;
- Not belong to another cadet corps or squadron;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a lawful resident of Canada;
- Be medically, physically and psychologically fit to join Cadets and participate in related training and/or activities;
- Be covered by a government or private health insurance plan;
- Be of good moral character; and
- Be acceptable to the corps or squadron Commanding Officer.
- Is expected to participate in training activities and follow regulations, orders and instructions;
- Is expected to take good care of all items of clothing and equipment issued to them, to safeguard and return them when requested to do so;
- Is expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of others;
- May end their membership with the cadet corps/squadron at any time;
- May be expelled from the cadet corps/squadron if they commit a serious breach of discipline; and
- Is no longer eligible to be a member of a cadet corps/squadron when they turn nineteen (19).
Documents to Provide
Please provide a copy of one of the following pieces of identification for the applicant at the time of registration:
- A valid Canadian passport; OR
- A birth certificate; OR
- A valid resident card; OR
- A valid identification card issued by a Canadian provincial or federal government agency.
- NOTE: A provincial health insurance card is not accepted.