Each cadet must complete the following documents on an annual basis to ensure that your cadet personnel file is kept up to date. Cadets returning for the 2021-2022 Training Year must attend the Squadron Headquarters to complete and submit the documents listed below as well as review and complete an Annual Validation form.
Returning Cadet Registration will take place at the following dates and times:
- Last Names A-M – Tuesday, September 7 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.;
- Last Names N-Z – Tuesday, September 14 – 6:00 pm. to 9:00 p.m.; and
- Alternate Night (For Cadets unable to attend their assigned date) – Tuesday, October 5 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, we ask that only one parent/guardian attend with their son/daughter/ward. All attendees must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing from others while in attendance.
Please complete the following forms and have them with you for Registration:
- Code of Conduct – Returning & Transferring Cadets
- Disclosure Of Personal Information
- Squadron Sponsoring Committee Welcome Letter
- SSC Parent Volunteer Form
Cadet uniform parts will be exchanged during registration to all currently serving cadets of 892 Squadron. Current cadets who have not been issued a uniform should attend during new cadet registration (21 & 28 Sept) to be receive their kit.
Please complete the 892 Uniform Size Sheet and submit to the Supply Department by email to email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance of attending registration. This will allow the Supply Department to have your uniform parts ready when you arrive. Please follow the instructions provided here for completing measurements.
Cadets must have with them any uniform parts which need to be exchanged for a different size. Please ensure that returned clothing is laundered or dry cleaned before exchanging it.
892 Squadron Sponsoring Committee – Squadron Support Fee
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee, the local body of the Air Cadet League of Canada, levies fees to help fund the operations of the squadron not provided by the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces. Parents are requested to pay a $130 Squadron Support Fee to the 892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsoring Committee.
Parents can make payment for the Squadron Support Fee during the registration period at the Squadron Headquarters. Payment is accepted by cash, or by cheque made to “892 Snowy Owl Squadron Sponsoring Committee”.
Your Squadron Support Fee helps to cover the costs of:
- Facility rentals for weekly and optional training activities;
- Transportation for optional activities not supported by DND;
- Trophies and awards presented at the Annual Ceremonial Review in June;
- Food and beverages at optional activities;
- Equipment and support for the marksmanship team, effective speaking and debate, and drill team;
- Registration and admission fees for optional activities;
- And much more!